Thursday, October 18, 2012

Exausted!

At the end of everyday I find myself utterly exausted. I am always asking myself, why am I so tired? I do the same things other mothers do everyday, plus I only have 2 kids, I should not be so tired. Regardeless of the reason, I am indeed, exausted, extremely exausted all the time. I walk in other homes that are clean and tidy, and I feel extremely inadequate, I feel as though I spend my days constatnly picking up and yet my house is a disaster. The moment I get it tidy there is a stream of toys or something strung throughout the house, and my pleading to pick them up goes unanswered. I watch other mothers with their children and I am humbled for I have no patience anymore, I find myself yelling alot. I even find that I dont really enjoy motherhood, I appriciate being a mother, I love my children more than anything, I love being with my children but I dont feel like I truely enjoy being a mom sometimes. SO then I feel guilty.  I feel as though the majority of my time is spent in constant behavioral redirection or constant disaster control. If I do not redirect the behavior we have disaster, so its one or the other. I wish I could convey in words how frustrating it can be sometimes, almost relentless in the consistantcy of the behaviors, so I spend most of my day frustrated, with myself mostly, because I honestly feel like I have no idea what to do half the time, so I yell. And after I yell, then comes the guilt again. So lately I have been exausted, extremely exausted. I just wish I had a way to not be so frustrated, tired, and not feel so inadequate, and then I would not feel so guilty. I want to enjoy being a mother but when I feel as though my time is spent constantly adverting a crisis, fixing a crisis, preventing a crisis, begging for help in doing something or to just have a simple task completed, Im not exactly sure how to get there.....sigh....I hope I am not royaling messing my kids up!

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone. I feel frustrated a lot of the time. Some days are good. Some are bad. Love you and I know you will get through this. I'm here if you ever need to vent.

    ReplyDelete